Bill Shorten is up to his old tricks.
And he’s doing the same thing again now – just weeks out from the election. Talking about a Medicare “freeze” and claiming that Medicare will be under threat unless Labor is elected.
That’s a huge lie.
The truth is, Medicare is safer and stronger under the Morrison government.
• Labor introduced the Medicare indexation freeze in 2013; the Liberal National Government began lifting the freeze in the 2017 Budget.
• Our lifting of Labor’s Medicare indexation freeze is delivering an additional $1.7 billion (including 90% of diagnostic imaging items) for Medicare services through to 2021-22.
• Medicare funding is up from $19 billion per year under Labor to $25 billion in 18-19, $26 billion in 19-20, $27 billion in 2020-21 and $29 billion in 2021-22 under the Coalition Government.
• Bulk billing is up nearly 4% from 82.2% under Labor to a record 86.1% under the Coalition Government. This means more patients are visiting their local GP without having to pay an out of pocket cost.
• Labor stopped listing new medicines on the PBS, but under the Coalition more than 2000 new life-saving medicines worth more than $10 billion have been listed – providing cheaper medicines and better health care for those who need it most.
• Our stronger economy has enabled the Coalition Government to deliver record federal funding for public hospital services, increasing from $13.3 billion in 2012-13 when Labor left office to a record $21.1 billion this year. That’s a massive 54% increase.
When it comes to Medicare – Bill Shorten can’t be trusted.
And if he’s trying to hoodwink you on health, what other fake news is he selling you?
Don’t be fooled by Labor’s Mediscare during the upcoming election campaign.
To stay up to date, follow me on Facebook.